Mountains and ski resorts often have a code of conduct posted near chairlifts and around the lodge. Unfortunately, many people completely disregard these rules when out on the trails, becoming hazards to both themselves and their fellow riders. If you keep to these seven rules, you are sure to have an unforgettable season!
- Always stay in control.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- People downhill have the right of way.
- Always look uphill and yield when merging.
- Observe signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails.
- Know your personal limits.